eTAP SCHOOL TESTED.
"The most daunting hurdle for high school students is the CAHSEE( CA Highschool Exit Exam). This is particularly true in a continuation high school. As the math and science teacher at Del Rey Continuation School in West Los Angeles I have found that the eTAP program is invaluable. The students can operate eTAP with a minimum of instruction and supervision. The eTAP program is thorough and quick with feedback. With this program I have increased my CAHSEE success rate from 15% first time pass to 35% first time pass”.
Bill Pray, Del Rey Continuation High School, Los Angeles
RESEARCH related to the eTAP program
- Recipe for Genius Revealed By Sara Goudarzi 19 December 2006 Journal Perspectives on Psychological Science 12/19/06 by David Lubinski, In all these cases, however, the gifted kids identified by the researchers learned at rapid rates and needed their educational curriculum structured so it matched with their learning rates to avoid boredom and enhance their maximum development. https://www.livescience.com/amp/9458-recipe-genius-revealed.html
- Drs. Pedro A. Noguera and Jean Yonemura Wing, authors of Unfinished Business: Closing the Racial Achievement Gap in Our Schools all children can achieve at high levels if provided with quality instruction https://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Business-Closing-Achievement-Schools/dp/0470384441
- The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons from Falling Behind in School and Life,
Gurian and co-author Kathy Stevens
The whole brain system is different. Boys tend to be more kinesthetic, more hands-on, more spatial-mechanical and they don't think in words as much.
Teachers also should introduce more movies, videos, or other forms of multi-media in the classroom. Change reading requirements: Allow more choices. Take notes and write papers using laptop computers.
- Remembering, Supporting, "the Forgotten Middle"
The most important thing for any student is to be given rigorous curriculum (they can't learn what they are never given) and it says that the school system thinks they are "smart." https://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/chat/chat165.shtml
- Five Ways Teachers Can Use Technology to Help Students https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/five-ways-teachers-can-use-technology-to-help-students/
- 15 Effective Strategies for Dropout Prevention http://www.schargel.com/2007/12/17/15-effective-strategies-for-dropout-prevention/
- How Technology Is Changing the Way Children Think and Focus https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-power-prime/201212/how-technology-is-changing-the-way-children-think-and-focus
- Meet Bernie Dodge -- the Frank Lloyd Wright of Learning Environments!
That evening I realized that this was a different way to teach -- and that I loved it! https://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/chat/chat015.shtml
- Child Safety on the Information Highway — 20th Anniversary Edition https://www.safekids.com/child-safety-on-the-information-highway/
- Why Johnny Can't Read: Schools Favor Girls.
eTAP allows students to proceed at their own pace and provides more choice of instructions media for different learning styles. https://www.livescience.com/4163-johnny-read-schools-favor-girls.html
- Trends in Educational Equity of Girls & Women https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2005/2005016.pdf
- Toward A New Golden Age In American Education--How the Internet, the Law and Today's Students Are Revolutionizing Expectations National Education Technology Plan 2004 https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED484046.pdf
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY IN THE EVERY STUDENT SUCCEEDS ACT (ESSA) by Doug Mesecar https://www.americanactionforum.org/insight/education-technology-in-the-every-student-succeeds-act/
- Powered by Technology Educator develops an environment where technology is seamlessly integrated as a tool for learning. https://competencies.emints.org/13-technology-integration.html
- Female teachers’ math anxiety affects girls’ math achievement https://www.pnas.org/content/107/5/1860.short
Copyright 2001-2018 B. J. Subbiondo. All rights reserved.